Monday, January 28, 2008

COMMITMENTS, or lack thereof



Commitments, or lack thereof

My feelings are that every relationship is always the best at the time. Whether it's with a new motorcycle or a new love, it is always the same. It smells good at first, that love of the smooth interior coupled with the fragrance of passion. When that leather gets smooth and worn and the fragrance needs a little fresh air, where does that enduring love go?

It becomes different. Dependable, familiar and deeper. Herein lies the struggle: with familiarity comes security, but the passion grows deeper in a calming and curious way.
The commitment to career, health and passion takes effort and ultimately, reaps what you invest. It is the personal journey to love.

This Valentine's Day I wish the world was filled with more love, forgiveness and creativity. Let the love survive. May you invest in Love's Economy.

Pictured: My own personal commitment bands, shared with my love.
14k pink gold outer band with inner band of Palladium White gold
Pave and Milligrain diamonds.

"Now join hands, and with your hands your hearts", Shakespeare

Pinky: Spring is coming soon and this was my V-Day Gift from my love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you or have you not ever asked the question? Where did all the love go? I have, I'm guilty of using up love, rather than it growing. Over and over it's diminished like a bar of soap. Perhaps that is why I have always been so bad at throwing away that last piece that no longer suds, it just keeps falling out of your hands or turns to mush in the wash cloth, sticky and clingy.
My previous jargon filled with platitudes such as "marriage is an institution for the aged and now that I'm aged I can marry". The real fact of the matter is I repeatedly confused love with desire. They appear similar to me. I am now certain that Love had nothing to do with it. This is not to say that I have never loved.
Until I was aged I had not met anyone whose happiness I was more concerned with than my own. I am lucky. I have found someone for whom I have nothing but deep concern. Dare I say I love this person unconditionally? What I can say is I Love You, and that it is that deep concern that enables me to employ all the constituents of love to continue to Fall in Love over and over with this fantistic gift. My relationship with you.
I had to add an excerpt from one of my favourite tunes which only in my opinion can Nina Simone sing.

A little love that slowly
grows and grows
Not one that comes and goes
That's all I want from you
A sunny day with hopes up
to the skies
Not a day that comes and
dies
That's all I want from you

Don't let me down, oh show
me that you care
Remember when you give, you
also get your share

All I Want From You
(1955) M. Rotha (pseud. of
Fritz Rotter)